Sorry today’s post is late. After adopting our daughter last week, I find it easy to lose track of time. Ha!

Elvis was the first musician I ever REALLY got into. I can thank my grandmother for that as she played his records pretty regularly growing up. It wasn’t until I got to be a teenager that other artists/bands took the number one spot from him. However, Elvis is still very much in my top ten list and in my mind, is the best vocalist of all time in any genre or time period.

On Saturday, I played the 68 Comeback Special for my 2 year old. It made daddy proud to see him absolutely enthralled. He normally cannot sit still under any circumstances but he stayed on my lap without moving throughout the entire thing. The next day he woke up asking for Elvis and we watched it several more times with him just as interested.

Moral of the Story: You can never start your kids off too young on great music!

Here are a few of my personal favorites.

Peace in the Valley – Gospel or not, this is an amazing song and fits perfectly with Elvis’s voice.



One Night – One of my favorite songs by Elvis as I love the bluesy style. I would have loved it if he had recorded more blues based songs.



Ain’t that Loving You Baby – Just a fun, rarely heard song.



The Wonder of You – My favorite Elvis song. Unbelievable lyrics and powerfully sung.

,

Leave a Reply