I was thinking about great speeches/quotes from some of my favorite movies and how every time I hear/watch them, they never fail to give me goose bumps. There are actually quite a few more than what I thought there would be that elicit such a response. Below are few. In each case, the quotes have also served as motivation for me at various points in my life.

The 13th Warrior
“Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see...
My mother, and my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see...
The line of my people...
Back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them.
In the halls of Valhalla...
Where the brave...
May live...
...Forever.”

Gladiator
“Fratres! Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line. Stay with me. If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead! Brothers, what we do in life, echoes in eternity.”

Conan the Barbarian
“Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!”

Rocky
“Ah come on, Adrian, it's true. I was nobody. But that don't matter either, you know? 'Cause I was thinkin', it really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.”

And when all else fails in motivating you, remember that “Mickey loves you.”

One Response so far.

  1. Mike says:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3FKIgNH_0rQ#t=40s

    Glad you made it through surgery alright, bro.

Leave a Reply