So, this is the end of my efforts at casting the Blood and Tears series for the hypothetical movie taking place. Same rules apply here that applied on the previous two blog posts.

Jonrell – Clive Standen

Jonrell was probably the hardest one to cast out of The Hell Patrol because he is such a major character in the series. I decided to go with Clive because I think he has the look of a leader and also has experience in similar roles. Most recently, he stars on the History Channel series “Vikings.”

Cassus – David Wenham

David was in 300 and is most famous for playing Faramir.

Kroke – Milo Ventimiglia

This was also a pretty hard role to cast. I switched choices several times before finally settling on Milo (Thanks to some brainstorming with Leah). He’s short, wiry (but in good shape), and I think he could pull off the killer look.

Krytien – Conleth Hill

Not super familiar with his work except that he plays Varys on Game of Thrones.

Raker – John Rys-Davies

This might seem like an odd choice as he is most known for his roles in Indiana Jones and especially as Gimli in Lord of the Rings. However, I think he could pull off a hard-nosed veteran with a slight soft side.

Drake – Josh Wood

I’m not married to this selection but I think he has a good look for the role.

Crusher – Conan Stevens

Absolutely perfect. He’s a 7 foot tall former bodybuilder and wrestler, turned actor.

Yanasi – Rose Leslie

Made for the role. Exactly what I imagine Yanasi to look like.

Rygar – Chris Pine

Yeah, I know Captain Kirk would probably scoff at taking a small role. But, I think it could work.

Hag – Meryl Streep

When I wrote this character, a part of me always heard Estelle Getty’s voice in my head. Well, unfortunately she’s dead. I thought it would be fun to have someone like Meryl Streep play the role. She’s versatile enough to pull it off.

Wiqua – Lou Diamond Philips

This was all Leah’s suggestion. I had someone else in the role and was pretty happy with it, but then she pulled up this picture and I was sold on her choice. It’s an interesting choice but one I think would be fun to see.

, , , , , ,

Leave a Reply