My personal assistant does a lot for me. Without her my life would be at least ten times more stressful and I wouldn’t be nearly as productive as I am now. She does the following off the top of my head.
- Alphareader (first content editor).
- Line editor (before going to my betareaders).
- Second proofreader (happens after I make changes based on editor comments).
- Mapmaker (turns my chicken scratch into awesome).
- Cover formatter (takes the illustrations obtained from artists and crops, shades, adds font, etc. to make the illustration work for a cover).
- Book formatter (Ebook and Print).
- Website maintenance (design and updates to my blog).
- Uploads all books to third party retailers.
- Supports me in my writing pursuits and crazy, self-imposed deadlines.
- Probably a whole lot more I don’t even realize.
And best of all she does it for free, and on top of her normal duties of a wife and mother of three. Why? Because loves me. I mean if she doesn’t, then she’s just crazy.
Anyway, my wife doesn’t get nearly the credit she deserves.