In January of 2012, I posted the following.
2012 Writing Goals
1. Release Walk Through Fire, my prequel novella.
2. Finish Book Two in the Blood and Tears Trilogy.
3. Release Book Two, Steel and Sorrow, by the end of Summer 2012.
4. Write Hero of Slaves, a novella set in the Blood and Tears world.
5. Release Hero of Slaves, by the end 2012.
6. Complete the detailed outline of Untitled: Book Three of the Blood and Tears Trilogy.
7. Begin writing Untitled: Book Three in the Blood and Tears Trilogy.
I’m happy to say that I completed every one of my writing goals for 2012 and then some. Book Three, now titled Trial and Glory was not only started, but finished, and I turned it over to my betareaders before Christmas.

On top of that, I’ve outlined and started my next fantasy series (unrelated to the Blood and Tears universe), tentatively titled The Tyrus Chronicle. I’m calling the first book Forgotten Soldiers. More about this later.

I also managed to write a couple of short stories during the year in addition to jotting down notes for a plethora of future short stories and novels.
2012 Personal goals:
1. 2-3 days a week of weightlifting and 1-2 days of cardio.
2. Read the entire bible this year with my wife.
3. Outside of that it’s reading, listening to music, and spending time with the family.
I managed to read the bible with my wife in addition to my normal study needed for constructing sermons or teaching bible classes at the congregation I worship with so I was pleased with that.

I also read over 60 books of fiction.

The one area I’ve failed with here is my training routine. I just haven’t been as consistent as I would have liked, especially with cardio. Health, writing, family, travel, etc. have all gotten in the way of this, but that’s not a good enough excuse. I need to do better.

With that in mind, below are my 2013 goals.

Writing Goals:
1. Publish Trial and Glory, the last book in the Blood and Tears trilogy. I’m shooting for April 2013.
2. Secret project for Rise and Fall: Book One in the Blood and Tears Trilogy. Can’t say more yet, but I’ll report the news as soon as I can. If everything works out, this should all come to fruition in the first few months of the year. The success of this project could also positively affect Steel and Sorrow and Trial and Glory sometime in the future.
3. Write and finish Forgotten Soldiers, Book One in the Forgotten Soldiers Saga.
4. Write and finish Book Two in Forgotten Soldiers Saga.
5. Decide how I want to approach publishing Forgotten Soldiers Saga.
6. Write 4-6 short stories. I have outlines for three of these. The ones I have in mind would run the gambit: a post-apocalyptic modern world, sword & sorcery, and science fiction.
7. Possibly indie-publish 1-3 short stories.
8. Finish outlining and start writing Book Three in Forgotten Soldiers Saga.

Personal Goals:
1. Read the entire bible this year with my wife. Last year we read the bible in canonical order. This year we’re doing it in chronological order.
2. Continue spending time with my family as much as possible.
3. 2-3 days a week of weightlifting and 1-2 days of cardio. Hoping I can do a better job of sticking to this in 2013.
4. Read 50-60 books again.
5. Listen to as much music and as many writing related podcasts as possible.

What are your 2013 goals?

, , , , , ,

One Response so far.

  1. Congratulations on hitting most of your goals. I wish I could say the same. Good luck on this year's goals.

Leave a Reply