10. The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury

Finally got around to this classic. Great read. I found the stories improved as the book went on.

9. In the Realm of the Wolf by David Gemmell

I finished my read of the Drenai Saga this year. Gemmell is definitely one of my favorite authors now. I can’t wait to read his other books.

8. Hyperion by Dan Simmons

This is such a weird book and actually took me a bit to get into. However, it is well worth the effort. Awesome originality. Will be reading the sequel shortly.

7. Passage at Arms by Glen Cook

It’s Glen Cook. That should be really all I need to say. Awesome Sci-fi military. Another book that starts a bit slow and really picks up as the story progresses.

6. The Emperor’s Soul by Brandon Sanderson

I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this one. One of Sanderson’s better releases.

5. First Chronicles of Druss the Legend by David Gemmell

Possibly my favorite of the Drenai Saga as it had one of the better endings.

4. The Tyrant’s Law by Daniel Abraham

Each book in this series gets better and better. And thankfully, book four is scheduled for a 2014 release.

3. The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks

Weeks is really coming into his own. I was sort of indifferent to the Night Angel Trilogy. This series (especially this book) has moved him up on my list of authors to keep track of.

2. Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein

A classic I’m glad I finally got around to reading. Worth every bit of praise it’s ever received. And now I fully understand why Heinlein fans hated the movie so much.

1. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

Another classic I finally got around to reading this year. Very original for its time and copied quite a bit since (Though none have done it so well). Full of heart and emotion. A must read.

,

One Response so far.

  1. Other than the classics, I've not read any of these. Need to correct that.

Leave a Reply