Inspiration comes from everywhere. I grew up watching a lot of old fantasy/mythological movies from the 60s and 70s as they used to play them a lot on Saturdays and Sundays. One of my favorites was Jason and the Argonauts. In fact, I pay a small homage to the famous skeleton fight in the third book in my new Sword and Sorcery series The Epic of Andrasta and Rondel (the first book The Cult of Sutek will be released before the end of the month).

While searching for the Jason and the Argonauts clip below, I came across a scene from Sinbad and realized I unknowingly pay homage to it as well in a my own unique way. Talk about your subconscious taking over.

I included the Clash of the Titans scene because it is awesome and the scariest depiction of Medusa.

Jason and the Argonauts – Skeleton Fight


Sinbad – Kali Dances


Clash of the Titans (original) – Medusa fight

, , , , ,

Leave a Reply