2012 is here and for many that means resolutions. I usually don’t go for that sort of thing for various reasons. However, I do set goals. So, I thought it might be fun to post a few things I hope to accomplish in the coming year as it relates to my writing.

1. Release Walk Through Fire, my prequel novella in the Blood and Tears world by April.
This shouldn’t be too difficult to do. The novella needs a cover and a blurb and it still needs to go to an editor, but the hardest part (writing it) is done.

2. Finish writing Book Two in the Blood and Tears Trilogy, Divide and Conquer.
I’m around the 50-55% mark on the first draft so this is not a big deal either (I hope. HA).

3. Release Divide and Conquer by the end of Summer 2012. I don’t have a hard date on this one as there are a lot of other factors to consider.
This is a bit tricky as the release date will depend on how quickly I can complete revisions and how fast I get feedback from the various people I use in the editing process.

4. Write Hero of Slaves, a novella set in the Blood and Tears world.
Other than the basic idea and a few notes, I have not started this yet. I want to make sure this is solid as the focus will be about couple of pretty minor characters in Rise and Fall. I think the story is worth telling.

5. Release Hero of Slaves, by the end 2012.
I think this should be pretty doable as long as I don’t drop the ball on Item 4 above.

6. Complete the detailed outline of Untitled: Book Three of the Blood and Tears Trilogy.
I only have the key events and major plot points written down. Still need to do a chapter by chapter breakout and weave everything together while adequately closing out the series.

7. Begin writing Untitled: Book Three in the Blood and Tears Trilogy.
I should be able to do this. The key is I don’t want to just start the third book. I want to make some good headway on it before the year is out since I REALLY would like to have this released in the first half of 2013 at the latest.

Yes, I know that’s an awful lot going on for 2012, but I feel pretty confident that I can accomplish each of these goals. Besides, just wait until you see my goals for 2013. :)

On a personal note:
1. I’m trying to get more consistent with my workouts again (2-3 days a week of weights and 1-2 days of cardio).
2. I’ve also downloaded this app to my phone which will allow me to study the entire bible this year with my wife.
3. Outside of that it’s reading, listening to music, and spending time with the family.

So, what are you hoping to accomplish this year?

, ,

One Response so far.

  1. Mike says:

    2011 was the craziest yet best year of my life so far and my only resolution for 2012 is to move again or save up enough money to be ready to move again soon. West coast here I come. I'm thinking San Fran or Portland. Gotta move one more time and to the west coast before I even consider settling down.

Leave a Reply