- Kids, for some reason, don’t understand the concept of time zones. If they did, they would not wake up bright-eyed when it’s still dark outside (1-2 hours earlier than normal) when on vacation.
- Tom Araya from Slayer has nothing on my 10-month old daughter. Let’s see him scream for five hours straight without going hoarse. Yeah, that was my car trip home after a family vacation to the beach.
- I didn’t think I’d be talking in “parent code” so soon with my wife. Our young son, who is not even three yet and whose vocabulary and understanding of context (including sarcasm) has pushed us into that realm.
- I always imagined wrestling with my kids, so doing that now is no surprise. However, I never thought I would become the wrestling mat for their shenanigans.
- Watching your kids play with each other, laughing and egging each other on to be silly, is something I doubt I’ll ever get tired of.
Joshua P. Simon - PERMALINK