5. Alice in Chains – The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
I love AIC. One of my favorite bands of all time. Black Gives Way to Blue was my 2nd favorite album of theirs after Dirt. Though the latest release is still a solid album, it remains my least favorite in their catalog. The beginning of the album just doesn’t shine like rest of the songs.

Phantom Limb


4. Megadeth – Super Collider
Is this a different album than Endgame or Thirteen? Yes. Is that a bad thing? No. Not every song needs to sound like Hangar 18. A great release by another of my favorite bands.

Dance in the Rain


3. Ashes of Ares – Ashes of Ares
I had high hopes for this album, and was pleasantly surprised to find that they were met and then exceeded. Can’t wait for the next release. Don’t let this one slip under your radar.

The Answer


2. The Winery Dogs – The Winery Dogs
A supergroup in every sense of the label. Great musicianship, songwriting, vocals, and vibe. I didn’t expect to like this album nearly as much as I do.

Time Machine


1. Killswitch Engage – Disarm the Descent
Hands down, my favorite album of the year. Top to bottom, a great effort. I think of anything negative to say about it.

No End in Sight (best track, IMO)
I apologize for the “video.” It was the best version of the song that I found.


What are your thoughts? Suggestions?

, ,

One Response so far.

  1. Mike says:

    Good to see Super Collider on the list. I still don't know why that album gets so much hate.

Leave a Reply