I love top ten lists which is why I do them quite frequently. And since it’s Christmas time, today’s blog post only made sense.

I’m not including movies “set around” Christmas on this list. The list consists of only movies about Christmas. Therefore, Die Hard, Gremlins, etc, are not included because they are not specifically about Christmas (though I still do enjoy watching them over and over again).

10. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
I used to enjoy this special a lot more when I was younger. However, the more I watch it now the more I realize two things, Santa is a huge jerk and Rudolph’s dad (Donner), isn’t too far behind. Even at the end, they accept him only because his nose is useful…not because of who he is.

Regardless, Yukon Cornelius makes this still worthwhile which is why it made my list.

9. Elf
Will Ferrell in one of his best roles. A fun movie that is slowly becoming a must watch during the holidays.

8. A Christmas Story
A classic. Oddly enough, my favorite scene is probably not the one most people point to….

7. White Christmas

Tell me you didn’t at least chuckle at that.

6. Frosty the Snowman
One of the best holiday villains of all time. I use the “Busy Busy Busy” voice all year long actually.


5. Garfield Christmas Special
This is one that outside of me and my sister, few people ever reference. However, there is some classic quotable stuff. “Hey, kids!”


4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
How many people can make the villain the hero and you love him in either role? Dr. Seuss knew his stuff.


3. Mickey’s Christmas Carol
The best version of a classic story. So many great moments, but none beats Donald’s “I’ll be dog gone.”


2. A Charlie Brown Christmas
Depressing? Maybe. But I have a tendency to gravitate toward the depressing. I’ve always loved anything Charlie Brown. “Good grief” has been part of my vocabulary for decades because of him.


1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
Easily one of the most quotable movies of all time. My family watches this every year together and every year we recite the lines. Yet, we laugh all the same.


Honorable Mention: Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas
A nice little story that doesn’t get talked about much. However, it holds a lot of good memories for me.

,

One Response so far.

  1. Mike says:

    Where's Die Hard? I don't see Die hard on this list. Everyone knows that's the best Xmas movie of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Leave a Reply