Best intentions don’t always work out.

I took a few days of vacation this week (Wed-Fri) with the intention of supporting a friend of ours today by participating in a memorial walk held for her mother. Nancy Swain Watters was an unfortunate victim of domestic violence and each year her hometown of Oneida, Tennessee (about six hours away from me) hosts a walk in her memory which they use to raise awareness about the serious issue of domestic violence and to raise support for the Children's Center of the Cumberlands and the Scott County Women's Shelter.

In the past, my job has not allowed me to attend the walk and my wife has gone alone instead. This was the first year I was finally able to take time off. Unfortunately, several members of my household came down with a cold, my wife specifically, who caught a bad case of bronchitis. Needless to say, we had to cancel our plans.

I decided to keep the days of vacation anyway, using them instead to help look after the kids while also catching up on a few things around the house.

However, since I can’t support our friend by physically being there, I want to at least get the word out about domestic violence. If you would like to donate clothes, money, etc. for this cause, please visit Children's Center of the Cumberlands.

,

One Response so far.

  1. Mike says:

    I am now officially a little bit poorer thanks to this post.

Leave a Reply