I’m a big Ronnie James Dio fan and a big Deep Purple fan. Therefore, it only makes sense for me to be a fan of the band Rainbow. I personally feel like the first few albums with Dio are the best, but I also really enjoy the music with Graham Bonnet. (Sorry Joe Lynn Turner fans, I don’t care for that era of the band.)

The first three songs below are from the Dio years and the last two songs are with Bonnet singing. If you only listen to one song, I encourage you to check out “Catch the Rainbow.” It’s a really beautiful ballad that showcases Dio’s range as a vocalist.

Man on the Silver Mountain


Stargazer


Catch the Rainbow


The coolest thing for me about Bonnet’s style is that it’s drastically different than Dio’s. The band’s music reflects the change in vocalists as well.

All Night Long


Since You’ve Been Gone

,

Leave a Reply