AC/DC is a band that epitomizes everything good about Rock & Roll. Amazing riffs, memorable solos, and vocal melodies that will have you singing along to their music in no time and lyrics that either get you pumped up or make you want to laugh. They’ve influenced just about everyone on some level and are one of the few bands whose members are still rocking as hard in their 50s/60s as they did in their 20s/30s.

Below are a few of my favorite songs by them. Most are live versions since AC/DC is a band that I personally think sounds better live than recorded.

Thunderstruck
One of the coolest intros ever to any song. Seeing this song performed in concert is amazing.


It’s A Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock And Roll)
A song that proved bagpipes had their place in Rock.


Ride On
A very underrated bluesy song…maybe the slowest song they’ve ever done.


Whole Lotta Rosie
This is my personal favorite. Unreal riff, awesome solo, killer lyrics, and an amazing vocal performance by Bon Scott. Just watch the clip.


So tell me, what are favorite AC/DC songs?

,

10 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    He said "I ain't spending my life here."
    "I ain't living alone"
    "Ain't breaking no rocks on the chain gang"
    "I'm breaking out and heading home"

    That's what's up.....yo.

  2. Mike says:

    Good thing you didn't say you liked them cause they had really deep, incredible lyrics. I met a dude here in Dallas that argued with me that AC/DC had some serious lyrics. They're awesome, but they don't have incredible lyrics... yo.

  3. Are you telling me that songs like Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap don't unlock the secrets of the universe?

    I find that hard to believe.

  4. Anonymous says:

    Say bro.... I know you're not disrespecting jailbreak?!??!
    That's the deepest yo....like stairway... only for Australian dudes....

    What do you call meaningful??? Creed?

  5. You will never see a Creed Music Monday on this blog. lol

  6. Mike says:

    Who is this anonymous person knocking Creed?! Come forward.

  7. Anonymous says:

    Anonymous PERSON?!?!? As in one guy?!?! Trust me, I'm the voice of a movement way bigger than that occupy crap. If everybody that hates creed came forward, it would overwhelm this site.

    This dude's trying to promote a book so I'll just have to cast the electoral vote for the other 100 million people out there.... Creed's horrible.


    Good luck with your book bro... I hope it's a hit with everyone, non-creed fans and that mike guy.

  8. Mike says:

    What up, G? You did say you were engaging in arguments on the interweb. I didn't think you were gonna start one with me, though. ha

  9. Anonymous says:

    The creed reference gave it away, huh?...

    Man.... I was hoping to drag this out for at least a year of two....

    Ahh well..., back to bashing liberals.... Take care mike.

    Good luck josh...(that part of the comment was real.)

Leave a Reply